I have never been a fan of leopard print until this skirt, it's amazing, soft, sheer, a little whimsical and a little edgy. Serious skirt love!
Anyways, today I decided that instead of my usual "This is what I'm wearing, you like?!" post, I would share a little about my
other love, photography, and what's been going on regarding it. Warning, it's long, and lame, very.
I miss photography. I miss the confidence I feel behind a lens, the excitement of creating something beautiful, the rush of nerves
during a shoot, meeting new people and challenging myself, knowing I'v created something to be proud of. It's so good to be able to
say this, because for a very long time now I have had no desire at all to pick up a camera. This year has been quite a learning curve,
I went from being incredibly focused and determined, to completely uninspired and unconfident in my work. I discovered freelancing to be
harder than I ever anticipated as I realized that I crave new challenges in order to grow and learn, and need a constant flow of personal
projects/shoots to keep me interested. I know this may sound silly to some but living in a very small city with small minded people had
a huge effect on me and I just lost my focus. While I didn't have any problem with setting myself new challenges at first, after a few months
of monotonous Port Elizabeth life I stopped growing, and started settling. Don't get me wrong, I'v had a lovely year, and life is so good
in so many other areas, but it's time for me to pick up on my photography where I left off and this time stay focused.
Anyways, I felt like I needed to get that out in writing, as well as this: As of January, a new 12 month project begins. A project that sees
more craft and skill than I have ever used in my work, a story of another world filled with characters. I want to start thinking about every
detail of my images, and tell a story rich with emotion, rather than just churn out meaningless fashion pictures like I was before.
Understand, I love my old work and fashion photography in general, but I want to take it to the next step. A year long project for my last
year in this city, something for me to completely lose myself in until we make the move overseas. I can't wait to begin, and to share the
pictures with all of you.
Also, I love fashion, I love blogging, and I love talking/writing about it too, but for once I thought I'd give you a peak into my life away from
that, and if you read all of this I guess your interested in more than just some more pictures of more clothing on just another blogger too, and
that makes me really happy.
Anyways, I'm going on a Christmas mission today to get everyone pressies, scared of the crowds that await me! x






That skirt is absolutely gorgeous! Lovely outfit :)x
ReplyDeleteFabulous boots and skirt! You look stunning!
ReplyDeletehttp://lartoffashion.blogspot.com
you'll find that confidence behind a lens again. lovely look. xx
ReplyDeleteJos
www.bloomingflame.com
I'm so happy that you you are now clear of your goals. You have an amazing talent and the world needs to keep seeing it (I know I do!) I'm a fashion photography student in London. I have completely fallen out of love with my own dreams of photography and I'm now only intersted in fashion. I hope that this is just a fase because I too want to pick up my camera again and create.
ReplyDeleteThis looks amazing! I love your skirt and boots!!
ReplyDeletethedamselinadress.blogspot.com
awwwwwwwww, that skirt, I love the cut, and the pattern too!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://7-sevendays.blogspot.it/
i love your blog and your pictures are just amazing!♥ (-----: how you edit your photos?
ReplyDeleteYou're so beautiful. I love that skirt and your jewelry! xx
ReplyDeleteamazing skirt! xx
ReplyDeleteI can relate! My only wish is to have a career in the creative field but I desperately need practice, I just can't find the courage get behind my desk and draw.
ReplyDeleteOn a lighter note, I love the outfit, especially that intricate necklace!
So amazing outfit! so cute!
ReplyDeletehttp://yourdulde.blogspot.com/
You've amazing hair!!
ReplyDeleteI understand what you mean since I leave in a very small city too, and I just think that you're determined and skilled enough to succeed. Keep up with everything because until now you've been great! :)
ReplyDeletemeandmyunusuallife.blogspot.com
so beautiful.
ReplyDeletejoannamarjaana.blogspot.com
absolutely stunning outfit
ReplyDeletei adore the skirt and your hair!!
ellay xx
www.ellaybell.blogspot.com