Last week I arrived home from a seven day blogger trip/holiday in Reunion & Mauritius. To say it was beyond magical and that I miss waking up to palm trees and swimming in tropical water would be such an understatement, I really don't have the words to fully describe how wonderful it was and I'm not even sure my pictures do it justice. Talya, Raya, Margaux, Dani, and I stayed at the amazing LUX* resorts for the entire trip and I honestly think that it wouldn't have been the same if we had been hosted by anyone else. Never have a I come across a 5 star resort that is not only kitted out with everything you could possibly want and more, but also one that is full of such genuinely NICE people. Wonderful LUX*, I miss you!
Our trip started in Reunion where we were greeted by beautiful dancers, fresh local snacks and coconuts, oh and 95% humidity. LUX* Ile De La Reunion is about an hours drive from the sweet little airport and arriving was something of a dream after that heat. We got there around 7 pm that first day and it was all a bit of a blur, a quick check into our rooms before we were whisked off to dinner at La Cuisine, the resorts signature restaurant, for what was the first of many delicious meals to come. After a quick sip of the islands local rum and some chats under the stars with the girls, it was time for bed and much needed sleep before the next days activities which included paragliding! I still remember feeling a bit dazed that first night while exploring my lovely room.
Not sure if it was nerves or excitement at the thought of paragliding later, but I woke up super early the next morning. Took a quiet stroll down to the beach and just sat on the sun chairs for a bit, letting it all soak in whilst watching people take their morning beach walks and swimming in the lagoon. The lagoon was one of my favorite parts of the resort, there was definitely something about having this huge expanse of perfectly still, clear, and warm water laid out before you in every direction.
Breakfast was from the buffet and started a seven day love affair with Reunion pineapple, seriously, I could probably write an entire post about the pineapple on this island alone. Then paragliding happened, and the nerves were real. We all casually ran off a mountain (with the wonderful instructors from Azurtech strapped to us and doing all the hard work) and to be completely honest, it was probably one of the calmest things I've ever done. What I thought was going to be extremely scary was so serene, there's something so nice about being 900m high with no noise and being able to gaze down on everything and just swing around happily :) I actually can't wait to go again and take Jedd with me in Cape Town!
The rest of the day was spent swimming in the pool, exploring the resort, indulging in A LOT of ice cream from the Ici ice cream bar (hello pineapple-chilli flavor!), and doing a perfume workshop where we all got to make our own personal scents. Mine was rather floral, surprise surprise!
Next week : Part 02 | Volcano adventures and hanging out on waterfalls!
For a similar experience I definitely recommend registering on Legacy Lifestyle to start earning rewards which can be redeemed at any of their partner stores, including the lovely LUX* resorts!
When travelling with Travel By Lifestyle, special rates & privileges apply for members booking at any Lifestyle Partner Hotel, making travelling super easy and comfortable.



































i saw your live-instagrams of this trip, jealous doesnt even begin to cut it! it looked absolutely divine and your photos are breathtaking.
ReplyDeleteREally love these pics!!
ReplyDeleteStunning photos, this place looks amazing! x
ReplyDeleteMaddy from UNSTITCHEDD
♥
This is just AMAZING!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a trip! You captured it beautifully.
ReplyDeletehttp://insidesai.blogspot.co.uk/
wish I had your photography skills! the trip looked amazing!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful images! x
ReplyDeletehttp://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/
gorgeous photos!
ReplyDeleteWow these pictures are simply amazing ! Gorgeous !
ReplyDeleteSara,
http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr
Amazing photos, it looks like a so adventurous trip!
ReplyDeleteWow these photos look extremely gorgeous!!! <3
ReplyDeleteThis looks incredible! Your photos really do the resort justice, so beautiful x
ReplyDeleteGorge gorge photography! Love this post - it all feels so balmy and summery...gotta go to Reunion!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Amanda
www.loubousandlattes.com
bonitas fotos. cuando vi el titulo pense que era algo relacionado a un lugar o evento en sudamerica.
ReplyDelete♥♥♥
Amazing photos, it looks like a so adventurous trip. I must used this trip after my cherry blossom tours because my family already plan this tour to enjoy the summer holidays.
ReplyDeleteThanks, for this amazing sharing. I am a tourist and visited a lot of beautiful and adventures places of the world. But after reading your post I have decided to visit this adventures place. Because this region offers a wide range of photography places.
ReplyDelete