JUICE REVOLUTION | PART 02



A little while ago I did a post about a 7 day juice fast I was starting, called Juice Revolution. I posted daily pictures over on my instagram and was surprised to see how supportive people were even more surprised at how many were doing it at the same time as me, juicing has really taken off!!

I first heard about Juice Revolution through a friend, and was instantly attracted to the idea. No dishes/cooking missions for a whole week? Count me in. I don't really find the prospect of no food for a few days daunting as I've fasted loads before and find it quite refreshing, but I had never done 7 days before this and it was an interesting test of my willpower! I had been feeling like I needed a little healthy kick lately but other than that I didn't really have any major reasons for doing this other than I wanted to see if I could!

Fiona from Juice Revolution kits you out with 5 juices a day for the full 7 days, as well as supplements to take with particular juices, some interesting herbal teas and evening apple & cinnamon juices for any sugar cravings. You also get a booklet with loads of helpful tips and a day by day breakdown of what to expect. Oh, and a very sweet mail of encouragement in your inbox every morning! 

My juicy experience was both amazing and tough, it's definitely an incredible test of will and leaves you feeling so very refreshed! Here's how my experience went:

ENERGY LEVELS 

Overall, I felt like a really good version of my usual self, just more energized. Day 3 had me feeling amazing, I remember I was on set shooting all day and nervous that I might be exhausted from not eating, but I had so much energy and felt amazing! Day 1 & 2 were my toughest, I had a constant headache and just wanted to sleep most of the time, but honestly once I got past that it only got better and by day 7 I was energized, clear headed, and not even thinking about food! (well, maybe the odd burger daydream)

SKIN

I really am not sure if this was all in my mind but I feel like I had a really good skin week! I have no idea if this was just coincidence or genuinely because of the detox but my skin was glowing!

NO MORE FOOD CONCERNS

There is something SO nice about not having to wash dishes or cook or even think about meals for days on end. I wasn't hungry once, and often wasn't even able to finish all my juices because I was so full. All of a sudden I had these pockets of free time which used to be taken up with something to do with food and it made me realize how much of our life is wasted on this! 

WEIGHT

It's important to remember I didn't exercise once whilst doing this, I never exercise normally and was worried my body might freak out if I pushed it too far so I went about life like normal and STILL saw results. I lost just under 3kgs in 7 days, just by sticking to the program (ok I cheated ONCE with a biscuit, and still feel awful about it!) and living my normal life, no exercise involved. I did drink a lot of water but I usually do anyways.

THE HIGHS

I actually miss a particular juice, the "Passion 4 Juice", and would honestly drink it every single day if I could. It was definitely one of my highs and was SO yum! Also, day 3 and the last 2 days had me feeling incredible!

THE LOWS

I really struggled with the "Pure Green Super Juice", I could hardly get them down, BUT I did manage in the end. For someone who has never eaten an entire avo/brocolli in their entire life, I was quite proud!

AFTERWARDS

In the pamphlet I was given with my juices it said I would be craving good foods like veggies, fruits, and nuts, etc after finishing the 7 days and I really with I could say that was true! But to be honest, the first meal I had was the most delicious Royale burger with sweet potato fries I've ever tasted! It had nothing to do with cravings as I wasn't craving anything other than a cup of tea, and more to do with me and my bad habits! My tummy has shrunk an enormous amount though and I found I could only, and still continue too, eat a tiny portion of what I used to manage (which wasn't big to begin with). 

I received so many messages and questions asking why I didn't just get a juicer and do it myself, and was it worth it. First off, yes it's definitely worth it and I would do it again for sure! For me personally, the fact that all the juices were ready made and labelled, just waiting for me to drink them, was a big help.I would never be able to do this myself and go through all the trouble of making everything, I just don't have enough willpower! The thought of having to buy all that fresh produce, wash it, juice it, and clean up every day is just too exhausting and Juice Revolution just makes it so darn easy!

For more information about Juice Revolution and their different programmes go to www.juicerevolution.co.za 
or pop Fiona a mail at fiona@juicerevolution.co.za. 

5 comments:

  1. Food for thought! I'll try it maybe...
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am giving this a try soon! Sounds so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so awesome. A lot of people have been juicing and I badly want to try it out myself!!

    sartorialust.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy, thank you for this honest and up front blog post about your Juicy Journey. A HUGE well done to you for completing the detox, you can be very proud of yourself! x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't "waste" your time when you're preparing or eating a meal 'cause it's one of the most important things to do in life.
    All in all - I don't like such obvious advertising.

    ReplyDelete