Since we've moved to Cape Town Jedd and I make a point of seeing and doing as much as possible over the weekends, driving around and exploring is something that we both love doing, and if it means getting out of the city every now and then we're stoked!
Babylonstoren was one of those places I've know about and wanted to visit for the longest time. Seeing pictures of that cactus garden was more than enough to make me love the place, but then discovering they had a greenhouse too, and you could EAT in it?! True love I tell you, I had to see this for myself.
We drove over there this past weekend and basically yes, love. I was a blatant tourist (what's new) with a camera stuck to my face (poor Jedd) and we stomped around in the beautiful gardens for ages, me in my favorite dress from The White Pepper. We just happened to pick the most perfect day for this trip and easily spent the morning exploring the different sections and making friends with a hedgehog, giant pumkin, and ALL THE FOOD. By the time we made it to the far end of the gardens where the greenhouse is situated we were super hungry, I ordered the scones and Jedd got a chicken and Gorgonzola sarmie. My favorite was how everything was presented, our food came in a wooden crate with lots of little glass pots full of pesto's, jams, cream, chutney, and salad, to add to our meal. Resulting in a table full of half eaten containers which I think is the best way for any meal situation to look, like it was thoroughly enjoyed, which it was!
Afterwards we lazily walked around a bit more with our food babies, getting lost in the cactus garden which is more of a maze really and so, so lovely. Before leaving I had a quick peek into their main restaurant, Babel (I definitely think another visit needs to happen soon so I can go there!) and one last walk around their farm shop where we bought a pear & gorgonzola loaf (I die), biltong, some pretty glass containers and some very tasty ice rooibos for the road home.
If you live around Cape Town you just have to visit this gem! For more info on Babylonstoren visit their website - babylonstoren.com
x






















































Beautiful photos!
ReplyDeletegorgeous photos!
ReplyDeletehttp://splitneedles.blogspot.com/
a) yum and b) what a gorgeous spot!
ReplyDeleteladies in navy
These pictures are perfect! Just like your dress!
ReplyDeletehttp://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr
These photos are just stunning! Oh, and I love your dress too! x
ReplyDeleteholljc.blogspot.co.uk
Amazing! x
ReplyDeletehttp://marveling-mind.blogspot.com/
You look gorgeous in these photos! <3
ReplyDeleteEllen xx
Astonishing photos! I felt like each photograph had drawn me in and I was there experiencing every photo. I would definitely love to go somewhere that looks so peaceful and serene like Babylonstoren.
ReplyDeleteAnd such a beautiful dress! The silhouette is so flattering.
-Alicia
Neon Fox
This looks like such a wonderful place! I always love your photos too, so inspiring!
ReplyDeletethis is my first time visiting your blog.
ReplyDeleteI found you on cookbook.
omg what a great taste you have!
too awesome!
A*M*A*Z*I*N*G post!♡
ReplyDeleteThese photos look amazing and I desperately need that dress in my life, I absolutely love the whitepepper so much! When I was scrolling through the photos I did wonder if that was a restaurant in a green house, and when I read that it was I couldn't help but grin that's so cool, I'd love to experience it one day
ReplyDeleteI've made a note for next year. Really gorgeous indeed x
ReplyDelete