BYE-BYE GOOGLE READER, HELLO BLOGLOVIN'

So, it's pretty widely known by now but if you haven't heard, Google Reader will be shutting down in just under two weeks on July 1st. Yup! 
This is going to be pretty annoying for a lot of people out their, including me, but to be honest I'v been preparing myself and have 
discovered that I'm actually more than happy to break up with GR and start up new with Bloglovin'. There's a few reasons for this, namely : 

1. It's way more aesthetically appealing. Personally, I really enjoy reading posts in a space which has been nicely designed and Bloglovin' 
has definitely been designed better - all that lovely white open space!

                      2. You can arrange the blogs you follow in groups making it far easier and convenient for reading. 

                      3. Bloglovin' directs quite a bit of traffic to your blog. Seriously, this is a major factor and a pretty big fail on Google Reader's part. 

                      4. It's organized. You can read all unread posts according to date posted, category, or blog name.

Creating an account is oh so easy, as is searching for and following all of your favorite blogs.
Oh and their handy "up and coming" section is brilliant, I'v found some of my favorite blogs because of it!



EDIT / GFC & Google Reader are NOT the same thing, so if you're following on GFC don't worry, it's still going to work just fine!

x

2 comments:

  1. I also enjoy bloglovin after having a deeper look at it. My blog is already listed and right now i'm filling all my google reader blogs to my account. Quite much to do, but i think bloglovin is a good thing!

    And now i will go and search for your blog there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove this dress so so much....

    ReplyDelete