leather shorts c/o Beginning Boutique
hat : Woolworths
top : H&M
shoes c/o Choies
Dear fashion, I think I'm over you.
Somehow the whole business of blogging and fashion bloggers has caused overly fashionable items to inspire me less and less. It's all
the same and it's everywhere's. All this clothing seems to have no meaning, it's not about the quality or design but rather just another
thing to buy to be replaced with the new "trend" in a weeks time.
I've come across too many sites dedicated to the ironies of being a fashion blogger, as well as too many Asian companies reproducing the
entire Zara collection; I guess I'v just become a little fed up with the lack of quality shown as well a the lack of ingenuity from us bloggers.
So that said, I've been trying to get back to a few basics that I love and wear repeatedly, and feature them over here. The simplicity of
a striped tee, a good pair of black jeans, leather items, and beautifully crafted pieces; these things I will never get tired of.
I'm sure I'l be wearing some or other "trendy" item that's caught my eye soon enough, I'm not saying I won't, but for now I think I'l be
saying Adiós to anything overly "fashun"










The kimono is so cute, love it!
ReplyDeletewww.bloomingflame.com
My blog on Bloglovin
Great layers! I looove your hair!
ReplyDeletehttp://ciaoysabella.blogspot.com
Completely agree with your outlook on the stereotype fashion bloggers wearing the same copy cat pieces, but there are some good ones out there. (:
ReplyDeletex
onceuponasprinkle.blogspot.com
I fall for that kimono every. single. time. Loving the stripes + floral combination!
ReplyDeleteBian, Mortem Blonde ☾
I completely agree with you! Great post. I like your clothes and style though :)
ReplyDeletehttp://lartoffashion.blogspot.com
i love your kimono!
ReplyDeleteand the way you edited the picture with the flower on it is lovely!
I had the same thoughts a while ago - I was so fed up with the fashion blogs, because they weren't really different from one another. Boring. I have found my way now, creating a space for my own in the world wide web. It's maybe not so "cool" as other fashion blogs, but it's special to me and is an outcome of what I am doing and what I am.
ReplyDeleteGood luck for you and your new way to fashion. After all, it is important - but it's not the piece itself, it's the way we use it.
Love, Jasmin
Love the kimono, gorgeous outfit!
ReplyDeletehttp://beblacknblue.blogspot.co.uk>
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4164275>
Sweet outfit! Your kimono is a beaut!
ReplyDeleteThe Little Antlers
Illustration portfolio
My shop!
Love your outfit and the way you edited your photos!
ReplyDeleteSuper lovely! And I definitely agree with almost all bloggers wearing the same thing. I'm currently trying to avoid ones that have been worn by almost all bloggers. x
ReplyDeletesartorialust.blogspot.com
I defo know what you mean, some blogs are a little repetitive and nothing new, kind of saddens me a bit.
ReplyDeleteI love your outfit, the kimono is beautiful!
Recently found your blog, I think it's wonderful! Following :) xxx
I definitely know what you mean- sometimes it seems as if bloggers only buy new clothes to take trendy outfit photos in, then return them! I find most of my fashion inspiration from classic pieces like a great pair of jeans, a leather satchel, and cotton blouses, just like you mentioned!
ReplyDeleteXo, Hannah
sweetsweetnoir.net
I'm with you on this. I guess the key here is to wear the clothes and not let the clothes wear you :)
ReplyDeleteI have to say that I agree with you--it's always a bit hard when your hobby (which is what fashion blogging is to me) gets tired and you get a bit disillusioned by the seemingly unoriginality on your dashboard, which is kind of why I, personally, haven't been posting as much as I could have. However, imho, you've got it on lockdown! :)
ReplyDeletexo,
Sabrina
http://www.rougespark.com
I agree. I love classic pieces and I like to follow fashion blogs that aren't all about the trends. I'm not about the trends so I find it much more inspirational when bloggers post photos of affordable, everyday pieces that even I can get my hands on to wear if I wanted to.
ReplyDeletexx
Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’
There are SO many fashion blogs out there on the World Wide Web nowadays, and quite a few are pretty good reads (if you can call staring at photos of beautifully dressed girls with tiny captions reading). Luckily for me though a lot of them are the same. Navigating through the blog realm is like getting lost in a mirror maze with an unidentifiable number of identical twins all dressed alike. But stylishly, of course. I'm thankful there are copy cats because it makes me appreciate the originals ever so much more. Can you imagine how many cool blogs there would be if girls didn't copy each other? Talk about originality overload. There wouldn't be enough hours in the day to catch up on your much needed fashion fix. Right now I have about 50 blogs on my reading list, and I don't think I could handle more than that. I don't remember adding you but after reading this post I know my motive at least - you're incredibly stylish and obviously intelligent and it's so refreshing to find someone with that combo.
ReplyDeleteShop Vintage Levis
Wonderfully said :) I agree, Originality is far more important than the culture of throwaway fashion! “Buy less, choose well & do it yourself!” - Vivienne Westwood
ReplyDeleteBecca x
www.flowersanddirt.co.uk
So amazingly beautiful, I love your pictures and outfits :) the Kimono is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteAmy x
-A Little Boat Sailing-